And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour."
-William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
ThePianoGuys - LOTR &The Hobbit (Piano/Cello Cover)
- Friend: The only movie I've seen lately was The Hobbit.
- Me: Oh, really? What did you think of it?
- Friend: Yeah, I really liked it. It was visually stunning...but some of the characters upset me.
- Me: Which characters?
- Friend: The dwarf king.
- Me: What about him?
- Friend: Well, look. If you're going to be a dwarf king, you need to be the dwarviest of dwarves.
- Me: ...
- Friend: Like, the other dwarves? They're pretty dwarfy. But the dwarf king's all gorgeous and not dwarfy enough.
- Other friend: Yeah, but that's what makes him the dwarf king. His gorgeousness makes him stand out from the other dwarfs.
- Friend: I'm not convinced. All I ask from the entire film is that the dwarf king is the king of dwarfy qualities. The ultimate commander of dwarfiness.
I’m really digging that waistcoat.
My first thought on seeing this gifset.
LotR meme: 3/7 BRO/OTPs
“I never thought I’d die fighting side by side with an elf.”
“What about side by side with a friend?”
“Aye. I could do that.”
The Map of the Dwarves
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Official stills.